bazz: (Default)
[personal profile] bazz
Sallie Mae services both most of my undergraduate loans and my new graduate loans. However, despite this, they are giving me a hard time about accepting an in-school deferment on my undergraduate loans. They say they haven't received certification from my graduate college yet. But I pointed out to them that they service my graduate loan which would certainly seem to be enough evidence that I'm in school at the moment.

Absurdly, they can't count their own records as evidence.

I'd had my college send me a copy of the in-school deferment form in case I needed it so I faxed it to Sallie Mae yesterday. Today I get an e-notice stating that the deferment was denied because an "authorized official" hadn't signed it. There were instructions to "look on the back of the form" to see which authorized official should have signed it. On the back of the form all it says is, "an authorized certifying official... is an authorized official of the school where I am/was enrolled as a full-time or at least half-time student." WTH, yo? 

So I called them to ask what the heck was wrong with the authorized official who had signed my form.

After some deliberation, they said that her signature looked too similar to her written name.

Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
Account name:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
HTML doesn't work in the subject.


If you are unable to use this captcha for any reason, please contact us by email at

Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.


bazz: (Default)
Basil Sunshine

July 2010

4 5678910

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2017 12:07 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios